We are all going to go through times of trials and tribulations. We will hit bumps in the road, face adversity and get knocked down. It’s bound to happen, it’s life.
But, it’s what you do during times of adversity that make you stronger, better and more faithful.
Yes I said faithful. Above all else you MUST continue to remain faithful to the Lord and realize that what is going on is in his pre-recorded plan for you. Think about how he is going to use these experiences to help and serve others.
Adversity is no fun. Believe me, I have been there countless times. But, I am blessed for where it has brought me today. We have to continue to seek the right things when we feel down and out. Besides being faithful and seeking the Lord (#1 above all else), here are my top 5 tips for bouncing back from a bump in the road:
- Surround yourself with positive people! Always remember a negative mind will NEVER create a positive life. Hang around people that bring the best out in you and help you grow.
- Exercise! It’s proven to reduce stress, improve self-esteem and of course prevent all sorts of diseases. This includes strength training (at least 2-3x week), cardiovascular training (2-3x week at least 30 minutes/session) and recovery (yoga 1-2x/week and stretching/foam rolling DAILY!)
- Eat Whole Foods. Use your nutrition to nourish your body and not to destroy your body! Stick to Lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, nuts/seeds and whole grains. If it comes in a box or a wrapper, leave it on the shelf.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Write down ONE THING that you are thankful for each day. It will go a long way. Be thankful for what you have.
- Remember how far you have come and not how far you have to go. Your past doesn’t define you it only makes you stronger. Focus on becoming a better version of YOU each day.