From firing up schools, groups of kids, parents or any others that are affected by addiction, I convey an empowering message of hope through my story of going “Felony to Fitness to Free,” or from one of my other keynotes, You will surely leave motivated, inspired and with more belief in yourself than ever before.
I’ve also had the opportunity to train, teach and impact businesses of all sizes and industries from acclaimed global corporations to local non-profit agencies (501c3). Are you looking to develop a wellness initiative for your team?
Trying to boost morale with a heaping dose of motivation?
Seeking to inspire others?
Regardless of the goal, I’m your guy…
My most popular presentations
The Adversity Advantage
This is a favorite among kids, parents or any others that are looking to transform into the best and strongest versions of themselves. This speech will leave the audience speechless as Doug reveals his top tips and tricks on how to use life’s greatest setbacks and turn them into incredible blessings in all areas of your life. This includes how to surround yourself with people that bring the best out in you and why fitness is a crucial pillar to build a STRONG foundation physically, mentally and emotionally. Learn Doug’s view on Faith and how it’s not as scary as it sounds and how you can use it to bring the best out in you. The Adversity Advantage is a talk that is geared to unleash hope, balance and purpose in all areas of you or your company lives.
Secrets to Building a $100,000 Personal Training Business: Business Lessons For Fitness Professionals
As all Personal Trainers know, managing a sustainable schedule, retaining clients, attracting new clients and building a healthy income (all while maintaining your own sanity and health) is quite a challenge. In this presentation, I unveil my best practices, as well as success secrets from some of the best trainers in the world to help you build and maintain a 6-figure business. Personal training isn’t a job — it’s a career. Let’s treat it like one.
5 Secrets to Release Yourself from Mental Prison
As you know by now, I’m a former felon and drug addict-turned-transformation coach. This is the talk where we get real personal. I share my story and explain exactly how fitness saved my life and inspire you to use the same principles that I did to crawl your way out of the depths of despair. You will learn that no matter how low your life may seem, there is always a way out. But, it is going to take a lot of hard work and fortitude including changing your mindset, friends, attitude and daily habits. While you may not be physically in prison like I was, there are many of you that are stuck in a mental prison and I will show you step by step how to release yourself and create a life full of purpose, positivity and perspective that will leave you invigorated to know that there is meaning in your life as well as purpose in your pain.
“Doug has really made the most of his second chance. It’s almost like fitness saved his life and now he’s saving others through fitness. I think he’s come full circle. He’s always there to pick you up if you’re feeling frustrated and remind you how far you’ve come, not how far you have to go.”
Businesses I’ve Worked With:
- Maryland Addiction Recovery: Provides a safe, caring, and therapeutic environment for those suffering from drug and alcohol addiction. *Train the patients at the Center as well as do motivational talks.
- Verdence Capital Advisors: A nationally-recognized private wealth advisory and multi-family office firm. *Provide Boot Camps for the company 4x/week that focus on improving overall wellness of company
- High Point Catering & Events : A family-owned catering and entertainment company hosting formal events, corporate outings, weddings, galas, luncheons, barbecues, disaster-relief events and more.
- Long Green Animal Dermatology: A specialty practice devoted solely to the diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases in companion animals and horses.
- McCormick: a World Wide Fortune 1000 company that produces spices, herbs and flavors. *Created warm up program for world wide company plants/conducted boot camps for employees.
- Carefirst BlueCross: CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is a not-for-profit, non-stock health services company which, through its affiliates and subsidiaries, offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and administrative services to individuals and groups in Maryland, the District of Columbia and portions of Northern Virginia. *Provided Power of Fitness keynote for company associates.
- Weyrich Cronin and Sorra: Firm of Certified Public Accountants and Business Consultants boasting services beyond the traditional tax, accounting and consulting services to include niche groups that specialize in forensic and investigative accounting, valuations, litigation support, non-profit organizations, construction & real-estate, governmental/municipal audits, employee benefit plan audits, and dental practices. *Provided Power of Fitness keynote with an emphasis on stress management for more than 70 associates.
- FCA Maryland (roughly 25 kids/parents in attendance during talk) *Provided Fitness for Recovery keynote with an emphasis on what God has done in my life to help me serve my purpose.
- Teledyne Technologies: Provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets including deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, oceanographic research, and air and water quality environmental monitoring. *Led lunch-and-learns on the benefits of eating healthy eating and exercise for all associates.
- MRIGlobal: Independent, not-for-profit, contract research organization providing personalized services that larger contract research organizations can’t offer. *Collaborated on helping run Corporate Wellness Challenges for their organization
“He is a great motivator and keeps my workouts always fresh and challenging. He knows what my limitations are as well as what I need. Also he has faced challenges in his own personal life and did a great turn around. He authored a book from felony to fitness (that is his story).”