Todays guest is Amy Porterfield. Amy is an ex-corporate girl turned online marketing expert and CEO of a multimillion-dollar business. During her corporate days, Amy worked with mega-brands like Harley-Davidson, as well as Peak Performance Coach Tony Robbins. Through her best-selling courses and top-ranked marketing podcast Online Marketing Made Easy, Amy has helped hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs. Amy’s action-by-action teaching style provides aspiring business owners with the tools they need to bypass the overwhelm and build a business they love. But, today we are going to get a bit personal with Amy and discuss parts of her journey that you may not be familiar with. Amy gets vulnerable and we dive deep into her personal story, things that she is embarrassed to admit and different forms of adversity that she has faced and overcome. This is a conversation that I thoroughly enjoyed and think you will too.
What to Listen For:
- 0:00 Intro
- 01:57 Do THESE three things to build your self worth
- 05:21 When was last time Amy questioned her self worth?
- 08:25 Dealing with comparison
- 12:43 Why Amy avoided posting on TikTok
- 16:00 How her childhood impacted her marriage
- 18:19 Amy goes off the grid to heal from trauma
- 20:34 How to make the most out of investing in “self help”
- 23:55 Overcoming imposter syndrome
- 27:45 Using milestones to achieve big goals
- 29:23 Why taking big chances create blessings
- 32:25 Advice for people making a transition
- 34:45 Amy was forced to rediscover herself after a business breakup
- 37:23 Who are Amy’s closest friends in the self help space?
- 39:10 How to start a side hustle
- 45:52 How to build an email list & connect with your audience
Follow me on Social Media: