Today’s guest is Autumn Smith. Autumn is the co-founder of Paleovalley and Wild Pastures. She holds a Masters in Holistic Nutrition, she’s a Certified Eating Psychology Coach, and a Certified FDN Practitioner. Autumn’s passion for health began with her own struggles with IBS and anxiety: despite a career as a professional dancer and celebrity fitness trainer, her own health was in shambles. Desperate for a cure, Autumn and her husband Chas stumbled upon the paleo diet in 2011 and within a month of beginning it, her health was completely transformed. In today’s episode, Autumn shares her personal story and reveals how being bullied during her childhood and having unhealthy eating habits fueled her struggles with IBS, addiction, and anxiety, leading to her being kicked out of her house when she was eighteen. She shares the steps she took to completely transform her life, heal from her past and unlearn toxic patterns. Autumn shares how working for Tracy Anderson as a celebrity trainer and touring with Jennifer Lopez inspired her to start Paleovalley. We also discuss the highly debated topic of regenerative farming and which animal products you should try to buy grass-fed. We also chat about how to realistically make healthier food choices, parenting tips for kids to do the same, and much more!
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:00 Autumn’s traumatic childhood
- 06:46 How did being bullied impact her?
- 08:18 Getting kicked out of her house
- 11:33 What caused Autumn’s gut issues?
- 13:06 Tips for getting kids to eat healthy
- 18:10 How did she become a celebrity trainer?
- 20:59 Drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes
- 22:53 Autumn’s breaking point
- 24:23 How did she heal?
- 26:56 How to eat less processed foods
- 30:41 One of the fastest ways to stop craving processed foods
- 32:05 How touring with J Lo inspired her to start Paleovalley
- 34:54 Regenerative agriculture
- 38:11 You can still eat conventional meat
- 40:15 What meats should you buy grass fed?
- 45:21 Improving your gut health
- 46:30 Paleovalley product that i have been loving
- 48:52 Is turmeric worth the hype?
Thanks to today’s sponsors:
Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 15% off your order
Wild Pastures: Sign Up Today and Get 20% Off For Life Plus $15 Off Your First Box
Follow me on Social Media: