Today’s guest is Mike Posner where we talk about his climb to the tallest mountain in the world, Mount Everest, how to not let fame get into his head, & how he practices self care.
Mike Posner is an American Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter, poet, and record producer. His debut album which was released in 2010 is called, 31 Minutes to Takeoff that includes the US Billboard Hot 100 top 10 single “Cooler than Me” as well as the top 20 single “Please Don’t Go”. In March 2017, he released his first book of poetry, Tear Drops & Balloons.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsors:
BiOptimizers/Magnesium Breakthrough: Go to www.magbreakthrough.com/doug and use the code DOUG10 to save 10 percent when you try Magnesium Breakthrough.
Earth Echo Foods/Cacao Bliss: www.earthechofoods.com/dougbopst
Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 15% off your order
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:24 Mike on climbing Mount Everest
- 03:18 Lessons he shared to the Ohio kids
- 07:40 Overcoming mental blocks
- 12:26 Taming ego & using fame to fill it up
- 16:40 Spirituality
- 19:40 Mike’s self care routine
- 22:30 How to not get addicted to fame
- 26:46 What made the climb to Mount Everest worth it?
- 34:08 What’s next for Mike Posner?
- 35:32 Effects of going all-in on his health
- 42:45 Struggling with normalcy
- 48:40 Paying attention to the thoughts inside your head
- 50:35 Mike’s favorite song
- @Mike Posner on his WHM training for Mt. Everest | The Wim Hof Podcast
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
- Mike Posner – A Real Good Kid
Follow me on Social Media: