Today’s guest is digital creator and TikTok star, Ellie Zeiler, who has over 10 million followers on TikTok. And we also have her mom, Sarah Zeiler (who also has a platform of her own) on the podcast, and today is going to be a deep dive behind the scenes. And it’s not going to be about creating content, so to speak, but we’re going to get deep. We’re going to get real. We’re going to talk about mental health. We’re going to talk about how it impacts family dynamics. We’re going to talk about how it impacts parenting. We’re going to talk about how to deal with bullying. We’re going to talk about addiction. We’re going to talk about boundaries. We’re going to talk about what it’s like getting famous as a teenager and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
BiOptimizers/Magnesium Breakthrough: Go to www.magbreakthrough.com/doug and use the code DOUG10 to save 10 percent when you try Magnesium Breakthrough.
Earth Echo Foods/Cacao Bliss: www.earthechofoods.com/dougbopst Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 15% off your order
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:47 Biggest misconception about the digital creative space
- 06:45 Treating TikTok fame as a full time job
- 10:58 Best practices in handling online hate
- 17:19 Sticking to your passion on the creative side
- 26:53 A mix of random videos and dance trends
- 29:46 Has there been a mentor?
- 31:42 Getting addicted to the hustle of social media
- 38:38 Boundaries set around gadget use
- 42:27 Handling fame in a way that’s healthy
- 46:06 Taking care of your mental health
- 52:19 Familial support
- 57:52 Going down other paths but staying consistent with what you do
- 58:53 Be vulnerable with your kids
Follow me on Social Media: