Today’s guest is Allison Faulkner. Allison is a branding and events expert and host of the podcast “Awesome with Allison,” which is a top 100 health and wellness podcast. She’s a consultant for fortune 500 companies, a writer, speaker, and self-proclaimed nonsense, dancer and CEO of “Allison’s brand school,” where she partners with companies like Microsoft and Alaska airlines among others. She is also obsessed with her kids, husband, family, and friends, and the occasion for today’s chat is her new book. “You’re already awesome,” which I thoroughly enjoyed and I think you will too.
We discuss what seperates her new book from the rest of the “self help” books that exist and how to take action after reading a book like hers or listening to a podcast like this. We also chat about how to rebuild your self confidence (and your life) after everything falls apart and how to have a healthy relationship with validation and more!
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:57 What makes her “self help” book different?
- 06:18 How to take action on what you learn from a book or podcast
- 13:35 Which “shift” in her life was the most challenging to make?
- 19:51 How to develop confidence when your life falls apart
- 26:05 Small steps she took rebuild her life and not give up
- 35:56 How to have a healthy relationship with validation
- 43:12 How she is dealing with uncertainty
Connect with Alison:
Follow me on Social Media: