Today’s is Britt Frank. Britt is a licensed psychotherapist. She’s an educator and trauma specialist. She received her bachelor’s from Duke and her Master’s of Social Work from the University of Kansas, where she later became an award-winning adjunct professor. And the occasion for today’s conversation is to talk about her new book, The Science of Stuck: Breaking Through Inertia to Find Your Path Forward to help people get unstuck and live their best lives.
We cover how we should focus on the WHAT instead of the WHY when dealing with trauma, ways to successfully overcome addiction and lessen the chances of a relapse, what is self-regulation and why it’s important, when is the best time to seek professional help, and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Magic Spoon: Visit https://magicspoon.com/ and use the promo code “DOUG” at checkout to receive $5 off your first order
Earth Echo Foods/Cacao Bliss: www.earthechofoods.com/dougbopst Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 15% off your order
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:07 The biggest myth about mental health
- 04:14 Developing self-awareness when you get stuck
- 06:18 Staying too focused on healing a trauma
- 08:41 It’s almost never helpful to start with the WHY question
- 11:08 “What am I getting out of doing this?”
- 13:23 There isn’t an easy way to change yourself
- 17:54 What is your relationship to addiction?
- 19:53 A healthy process to thrive in addiction recovery
- 26:41 Here’s why self-regulation is important
- 29:28 How do you know when to seek therapy?
- 32:10 How to look at being lazy differently
- 35:29 How fast are you to make changes?
- 40:35 The WHY questions is keeping you stuck in the analysis-paralysis phase
- 46:13 What’s your reality NOW?
- 48:15 Always count the little wins
- 50:59 Is self-sabotage real?
Follow me on Social Media: