Today’s guest is Brooke Burke. Brooke is a television host, cancer survivor, entrepreneur, fitness educator, philanthropist, podcaster and women’s health advocate who has been thriving in Hollywood for decades. The title that she holds dearest is being a Mom. Brooke has held numerous successful network television jobs and high-profile brand partnerships. In 2008, Brooke became the champion of Dancing with the Stars (DWTS) season 7 which she later parlayed into a co-hosting job that she would hold for eight seasons. Brooke remains one of social media’s “moms to follow” with nearly 4 million dedicated followers. This conversation is about it all. We talk about divorce, healing, fitness, parenting, body image, having faith when life seems hard, and more.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:26 Why having kids made Brooke more successful
- 04:19 What does she think of “mom guilt”?
- 06:41 Helping her kids thrive during adversity
- 08:30 Have her kids been impacted by what she’s gone through?
- 11:22 What does she do when life is chaotic?
- 13:17 Healing from divorce (twice)
- 16:38 Rebuilding self worth after second divorce
- 20:39 Breaking free from unhealthy patterns
- 23:06 Dealing with uncomfortable thoughts
- 24:54 Body image & external validation
- 35:01 What does her wellness routine look like?
- 37:35 How to teach your kids to eat healthy
- 44:00 Why comparing yourself to others can be beneficial
- 47:14 What’s next for Brooke?
Connect with Brooke
Follow me on Social Media: