Today’s guest is Colin O Brady. Colin is a ten-time world record breaking explorer, speaker, entrepreneur, and expert on mindset. His feats include the world’s first solo, unsupported, and fully human-powered crossing of Antarctica, speed records for the Explorers Grand Slam and the Seven Summits, and the first human-powered ocean row across Drake Passage. Colin’s highly publicized expeditions have been followed by millions, and his work has been featured by The Joe Rogan Experience, The Tonight Show, The Today Show, and The New York Times. He is the author of The New York Times bestseller The Impossible First and now The 12-Hour Walk: Invest One Day, Conquer Your Mind, and Unlock Your Best Life which came out this week.
We talk about how his near death experience transformed his life and what drives him to attempt such extreme endeavors. Colin opens up about his marriage to his wife, why she decided to climb Mt. Everest and how nearly losing her changed his view on what matters most. We also get into how to push past common limiting beliefs, overcome your biggest fears and achieve what you want in life and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Organifi: Try the new Green Juice Crisp Apple to hydrate, energize, and support cortisol balance. Visit ORGANIFI.COM/DOUG and use code DOUG for 20% off any item.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:30 When is enough enough?
- 03:20 Why did his wife decide to climb Mt. Everest with him?
- 10:20 Making the marriage work with his personality
- 15:29 After THIS happened, he was told he would never walk again
- 23:30 Recovering from emotional and mental trauma
- 30:20 What inspired him to attempt to cross Antarctica?
- 43:27 Dealing with limiting beliefs
- 53:17 Will having kids change his lifestyle?
- 59:33 Take the 12 hour walk with Colin
Follow me on Social Media: