Today’s guest is Brian Kelly. Brian is the founder of The Points Guy, the leading voice when it comes to loyalty programs, credit cards, and travel. Brian launched The Points Guy in 2010 during his time as a Wall Street road warrior, where he developed his keen sense from maximizing travel experiences while minimizing spending. Since then, Brian has grown the company into a powerhouse travel and lifestyle media platform with a team of distinguished editors and freelancers that spans the globe. And I cannot think of a better time to have this conversation with everything going on in the travel world.
We talk about the credit card perks most people don’t know about, how to earn points from using your card, the best card type to use in what situation or purchase, how to maximize rewards and discounts with the points earned, and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsors:
Organifi: Try the new Green Juice Crisp Apple to hydrate, energize, and support cortisol balance. Visit ORGANIFI.COM/DOUG and use code DOUG for 20% off any item.
Masszymes: Masszymes can help ensure that all the protein that you consume breaks down into absorbable amino acids. Go to masszymes.com/DOUGFREE and you will automatically get access to your unique coupon code to claim your free bottle.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:23 It started with a horrible credit score
- 11:01 What are points used for?
- 17:50 The three types of credit card you should know about
- 20:58 Don’t focus too much on the points, there are perks too
- 25:21 The biggest factors of flight delays
- 29:16 When budgeting, flexibility is the key
- 31:59 Choose locations with a cheap fair
- 37:04 Understand the type of card you’re getting
- 38:59 How much are points worth?
- 41:08 Hotels with the best programs in terms of value
Follow me on Social Media: