Today’s guest and returning back to the show is my good friend Darin Olien. Darin is a well-known superfood hunter, co-host of the Emmy™ Award Winning, #1 Netflix docu-series, Down to Earth with Zac Efron. and host of the Darin Olien show. He is also a New York Times best selling author and his latest book “Fatal Conveniences: The Toxic Products and Harmful Habits That Are Making You Sick—and the Simple Changes That Will Save Your Health” will be the focus of today’s chat.
Today on the show we discuss: what inspired Darin to talk about the dangers of “fatal conveniences,” common household products and items that you use every single day that can be damaging to your health, why tap water is toxic and how to effectively improve your water quality, why excessive cell phone use can be harmful and what you can do to reduce the potential negative health effects, simple switches you can make with your beauty products and much more.
Thanks to today’s sponsors:
House of Macadamias:
Get 20% off your order & free box of sea salted macadamia nuts at:
houseofmacadamias.com/doug (use code DOUG20)
Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 20% off your order
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:40 Products you use everyday that could be damaging your health
- 06:04 Darin puts me on the spot
- 06:51 Is he fear mongering?
- 08:00 EMF’s, cell phones and radiation
- 17:34 Minimize your exposure
- 21:45 Chemicals are in your water
- 24:35 How to improve your water quality
- 27:04 Water filters are not enough
- 29:10 Doesn’t the dosage make the poison?
- 35:20 Why did Darin write his new book?
- 40:52 Rethink your beauty products
Follow me on Social Media: