Today, we welcome former MLB player Darryl Strawberry. Darryl played 17 years in the major leagues, he won four world series, and went to eight all-star games. But today we’re gonna have a much different conversation. We’re gonna talk about Darryl’s incredible redemption story of hope, faith, and recovery.
We discuss the challenges of being a top performing athlete and the pressure that comes with, how the pressure pushed him to a destructive lifestyle and addiction, and how faith ultimately led him to reformation and redemption.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Organifi: Receive 20% off your order by going to www.organifi.com/doug
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:41 Getting into addiction
- 05:24 Identity crisis lead to addiction
- 07:37 When the addiction becomes a problem
- 10:30 Overcoming addiction is not an overnight process
- 13:42 Who are you without the ‘uniform’?
- 17:38 Re-affirming faith with God
- 23:30 Understanding the map of life
- 43:13 Don’t leave your work undone
- 45:21 Bible scriptures to help guide you through
Follow me on Social Media: