Today, we welcome Doug Evans. Doug is an early pioneer in the natural food industry in 2012. He co-founded Organic Avenue, one of the first exclusively raw organic and plant-based retail chains in the country. He then created and founded Juicero, the first fresh farm-to-glass automatic cold press juicer with the mission of bringing more fresh produce to the home. Doug has become quite popular recently as he wrote The Sprout Book in efforts to teach people about the power of sprouts and has written a transformative plan for sprouting. He’s revolutionizing gardening and growing your own food right in your kitchen in an affordable and accessible way.
His mission in life is to help people learn how to grow and eat the most nutritious food on the planet, sprouts.
We talk about healthy eating, the nutrients and health benefits of regular consumption of sprouts, tips on how to get started on sprouting, the value of making connections and how to strengthen them and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Organifi: Receive 20% off your order by going to www.organifi.com/doug
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:39 The power of edible sprouts
- 03:57 Shift in lifestyle to raw vegan
- 11:34 The easiest sprouts to grow
- 17:11 How to start growing broccoli sprouts
- 20:22 The healthiest sprouts to grow
- 23:39 Is it expensive to eat sprouts daily?
- 28:18 Mindset change to walk away from unhealthy eating
- 30:37 Life is all about the present moment
- 39:10 Connection is worth more than gold
- 49:32 Sprouting can be started with things at home
- 54:02 Start sprouting now…
Follow me on Social Media: