Today, we welcome Dr. Nate Zinsser to talk about becoming confident in life, at work, and with different relationships. From having an open mind, an optimistic outlook, and having a balanced mindset to training yourself to develop self confidence, the work needed to stay confident, and the common misconceptions of confidence and the helpful ways to sustain it.
Dr. Zinsser is an expert in the psychology of human performance who consults with individuals and organizations seeking a competitive edge. He has been at the forefront of applied sport psychology for over thirty years. With a PhD in sport psychology from the University of Virginia, Dr Zinsser has taught at William Patterson College, East Stroudsburg University, and in the University of Virginia’s Continuing Education Division.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
BiOptimizers/Magnesium Breakthrough: Go to www.magbreakthrough.com/doug and use the code DOUG10 to save 10 percent when you try Magnesium Breakthrough.
Earth Echo Foods/Cacao Bliss: www.earthechofoods.com/dougbopst
Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 15% off your order
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:13 Maintaining a very open and optimistic outlook
- 03:42 People taking control of their situation
- 07:27 The mentally tough people maintains a balance
- 10:52 Practice to make yourself your best friend
- 17:32 How do you encourage somebody to build self-confidence?
- 20:20 Steady progress will not be a linear progression
- 23:36 When we’re putting it on ourselves for the wrong reason
- 28:05 Be a little tougher on oneself after every victory
- 31:25 3 misconceptions about confidence
- 35:18 Helpful tips when you’re struggling to build confidence
- Dr. Nate Zinsser | Website, Twitter
- The Confident Mind: A Battle-Tested Guide to Unshakable Performance
Follow me on Social Media: