Today’s guest is Dr. William Li. Dr. Li is an internationally renowned physician, scientist and author of the books “Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself.” And “Eat to Beat Your Diet: Burn Fat, Heal Your Metabolism, and Live Longer.” His groundbreaking work has led to the development of more than 30 new medical treatments and impacts care for more than 70 diseases including cancer, diabetes, blindness, heart disease, and obesity. His TED Talk, “Can We Eat to Starve Cancer?” has garnered more than 11 million views.
Today Dr. Li and I discuss how to develop long-term healthy eating patterns, why you must be deeply connected to your goals, how to understand the 4 stages of your metabolism and use it to burn body fat, why time restricted eating can be so valuable, how to deal with stress induced eating, how overcome the all or nothing health approach and much more!
Thanks to today’s sponsor:
Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 20% off your order
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:49 Why do most diets fail?
- 03:27 Don’t fall for diet traps
- 08:18 Get deeply connected to your goals
- 12:03 How to overcome stress induced eating
- 14:42 Understanding how your metabolism works
- 18:08 How to avoid destroying your metabolism
- 24:37 The benefits of fasting
- 31:25 How to eat to melt body fat
- 36:35 How to improve your sleep
- 43:03 How does food impact your mood?
- 48:22 Overcoming the “all or nothing” mentality
Follow me on Social Media: