Today’s guest is actor Ethan Suplee. He is known for his roles in films like Remember the Titans, Blow, and Mallrats, as well as in TV shows like Boy Meets World and My Name is Earl. But outside of his acting career, Ethan has an incredibly inspiring story. He has lost over 250 lb and Ethan has also been sober for over 20 years.
Today we discuss: What helped Ethan lose over 250 lb and get sober, Why you should aim to “kill your clone” every single day, two things you must focus on if you want to stay sober, why eating healthy is more challenging than remaining abstinent, how Ethan’s past has shaped how he parents his kids, what has helped him sustain his transformation, how to improve your relationship with discomfort and much more.
Thanks to today’s sponsor:
Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 20% off your order
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:56 “I killed my clone today.”
- 04:20 Losing weight won’t fix your problems
- 07:12 Health is a lifelong pursuit
- 09:21 Why Ethan doesn’t cheat on his diet
- 11:37 He thought he was going to die in his sleep
- 13:45 Ethan’s childhood and why he doesn’t blame his family
- 20:07 Blaming bad genetics
- 23:34 Numbing the pain
- 27:04 What made Ethan decide to change his life?
- 33:07 There is no destination
- 33:08 Why eating healthy is harder than staying sober
- 37:59 How did Ethan develop a healthy relationship with food?
- 40:33 Creating new habits
- 43:28 Why do so many people struggle to lose weight?
- 46:13 How to redirect negative thoughts
- 48:00 Embracing discomfort
- 50:30 How Ethan parents his kids
- 54:53 Parenting extremes
- 57:03 How would he have parented differently?
- 59:23 Two things you must do to stay sober
- 1:01:23 What’s next for Ethan?
Follow me on Social Media: