Todays guest is Diego Perez (Yung Pueblo). Diego is a meditator and New York Times bestselling author who is widely known on Instagram and various social media networks through his pen name Yung Pueblo. Online he has an audience of over 2.7 million people. His writing focuses on the power of self-healing, creating healthy relationships, and the wisdom that comes when we truly work on knowing ourselves. His two books, Inward and Clarity & Connection were both instant bestsellers. Diego’s third book, Lighter, was just released a few days ago.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Organifi: Try the new Green Juice Crisp Apple to hydrate, energize, and support cortisol balance. Visit ORGANIFI.COM/DOUG and use code DOUG for 20% off any item.
What to Listen For:
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:48 Diego’s upbringing and how it led to addiction & emotional pain
- 4:40 When did he become aware of how destructive his behavior was?
- 6:16 How did his healing journey begin
- 8:48 What would he do when things got tough?
- 10:20 Why you must deal with uncomfortable feelings & emotions
- 11:51 What negative emotions from his childhood impacted his adult relationships?
- 13:48 Diego shares why meditation was so powerful
- 16:14 The evolution of Yung Pueblo
- 19:10 When did he reveal his real name?
- 21:14 Has his popularity become addicting?
- 23:30 What’s his relationship like with money? (after growing up in poverty)
- 24:39 Transforming unhealthy patterns
- 27:27 The keys to a healthy relationship
- 31:14 How to develop self-awareness
- 33:07 What does it mean to “let go” (& how to let go of resentments, shame etc)
- 36:07 His advice to someone that hits adversity on their healing journey
- 39:14 The differences between a goal and a craving
- 41:17 Signs that someone is healing
- 43:26 How to become emotionally mature
- 48:50 What kept Diego from playing the “blame game”?
- 50:55 How can we heal as a society?
- 54:30 The truth about self love
Buy “Lighter” here
Follow me on Social Media: