Today’s guest is Homaira Kabir. Homaira holds Master’s degrees in Coaching Psychology and in Positive Psychology—the science of human flourishing and wellbeing—from the University of East London and has over a decade of experience as a life coach. She is the founder and CEO of the Goodbye Perfect Project, which she launched with the mission to bring science-backed, soulful support to help people break free of unhelpful patterns and own their purpose, voice, and impact. In this episode, Homaira shares valuable insights on how to build real confidence that lasts, and how to recognize the signs of being disconnected from our authentic selves. She provides tips on maintaining optimism and confidence during challenging times, and how to transform negative beliefs into positive action. We also discuss the differences between real confidence and fragile confidence and how to avoid becoming addicted to outcomes and so much more!
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:26 Don’t fall into THIS confidence trap
- 03:14 Are you disconnected from your authentic self?
- 05:09 Where does someone’s “fragile confidence” come from?
- 07:43 How to remain optimistic during difficult times
- 11:40 How to avoid becoming addicted to the outcome
- 14:21 Homaira was “hooked” on external validation
- 18:53 Did she feel pressured to succeed?
- 20:47 Transforming your relationship with external validation
- 23:57 Remaining confident during adversity
- 26:39 Turning self compassion into action
- 29:05 The science of building confidence
- 31:18 Letting go of what people think of you
- 34:14 Receiving criticism in a relationship
- 38:44 How to build REAL confidence that lasts
- 44:15 Transforming negative self talk into empowering beliefs
- 46:50 The perfection trap
Follow me on Social Media: