Today’s guests are Layne Norton and Simon Hill. Layne Norton (aka Biolayne) is an entrepreneur, physique coach, bodybuilder, and powerlifter from Tampa, Florida. Alongside his success as a competitor, Layne is also an esteemed scientist and doctor; having a Ph.D. in Nutritional Science.
Simon Hill is a nutritionist and physiotherapist with a bachelor degree in science and a master degree in nutrition science on a mission to help people make informed lifestyle choices. With a love for science and the qualifications to translate it properly, he makes health and nutritional information simple and accessible. His podcast, The Proof with Simon Hill, extends beyond nutrition to other crucial lifestyle factors that impact our well-being.
We cover the biggest diet myths that are making people unhealthy, the science behind how some diet plans work and why some don’t, the impact of choosing a diet pattern that one can practice for years, how fad diets offer immediate outcomes but don’t necessarily result in better health, and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Magic Spoon: Visit https://magicspoon.com/ and use the promo code “DOUG” at checkout to receive $5 off your first order
Earth Echo Foods/Cacao Bliss: www.earthechofoods.com/dougbopst Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 15% off your order
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:25 Let’s get to know Simon and Layne
- 07:06 The biggest diet myth that’s making people unhealthy
- 15:40 Dietary patterns that aren’t too restrictive
- 24:45 Go for quality or calories first?
- 34:51 Why are many people finding success in the keto diet?
- 46:45 Risk factors when it comes to developing disease
- 01:05:53 Which is better, animal protein or plant protein?
- 01:13:36 Balanced essential amino acids
- Simon Hill | Instagram, Twitter, Website
- The Proof Podcast
- Layne Norton | Website, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook
Follow me on Social Media: