Today’s guest is Mind Pump’s Adam Schafer. Adam had a lot of adversity to overcome as a child. He lost his father to suicide at the age of seven and bounced around to nine different homes by the time he was seventeen. Adam was bullied in school which ultimately led to him being home-schooled. In the midst of his childhood turmoil one constant in Adam’s life was his love for sports Adam’s love for sports led him down the path of learning about fitness and nutrition and the rest is history. Adam went on to start the highly popular fitness brand and podcast Mind Pump along with his partners Sal, Justin and Doug. Many of you I am sure are wondering how he transformed his painful childhood into something incredibly meaningful. I guess you are going to have to listen to the full episode to find out how.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Masszymes: Masszymes can help ensure that all the protein that you consume breaks down into absorbable amino acids. Go to masszymes.com/DOUGFREE and you will automatically get access to your unique coupon code to claim your free bottle.
What to Listen For:
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:50 Tragedy strikes when he was in elementary school
- 6:01 What was life like after his father’s death?
- 10:10 The impact of witnessing so much chaos as a kid
- 15:06 Adam packs his bags and leaves his Mom’s house
- 23:00 What kept Adam out of trouble?
- 31:07 How to escape the victim mindset
- 36:20 Unexpected blessings that came from being a personal trainer
- 42:33 His clients were early mentors of his
- 47:11 Adam’s big epiphany
- 54:06 Healing the relationship with his Mom
- 1:02:29 Does Adam have trust issues?
- 1:11:02 Being a Dad has changed Adam’s life
Connect with Adam: