Today’s guest and returning to the podcast for her second appearance is Dr. Nicole LePera or many of you know her as “The Holistic Psychologist.” Dr. Nicole was trained in clinical psychology at Cornell University, The New School for Social Research, and the Philadelphia School of Psychoanalysis. She’s the author of the #1 New York Times Bestselling Book “How To Do The Work” and the podcast host of SelfHealers Soundboard. As a clinical psychologist in private practice, Dr. Nicole often found herself frustrated by the limitations of traditional psychotherapy. Wanting more for her patients— and for self— she began a journey to develop a united philosophy of mental, physical, and spiritual health that equips people with the tools necessary to heal themselves. Dr. Nicole is the creator of the #SelfHealers movement where people from around the world are joining together in a community to take healing into their own hands. In 2019, she founded SelfHealers Circle, the first virtual self-guided global healing membership. Selfhealers Circle has members in over 60 countries who heal as a collective. Her latest workbook “How To Meet Your Self” will release on December 6th.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
InsideTracker: Created by leading scientists in aging, genetics, and biometrics, InsideTracker analyzes your blood, DNA, and fitness tracking datato identify where you’re optimized—and where you’re not. You’ll get a daily Action Plan with personalized guidance on the right exercise, nutrition, and supplementation for your body.
For a limited time, you can get 20% off the entire InsideTracker store at insidetracker.com/doug
What to Listen For:
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:50 Signs your nervous system is dysregulated
- 7:20 How to know what’s causing daily stress?
- 11:09 How to regulate your nervous system
- 15:54 What to do when healing gets hard
- 21:00 How to overcome fear
- 25:27 Common struggles of people in Nicole’s Selfhealers community
- 29:16 How to know if you are being “obsessive” with healing
- 31:57 Does Nicole ever feel “inauthentic”?
- 35:08 How to become aware of your choices, habits & behaviors (unhealthy patterns)
- 39:08 How to destroy negative thoughts
- 43:41 Making peace with your past
- 47:16 How to know if you are living authentically
- 51:55 Best practices for journaling
- 55:12 Signs that you’ve experienced personal growth
Connect with Nicole:
Pre order Nicole’s new book here:
Follow me on Social Media: