Today’s guest is Robert Greene. Robert is the author of the NY Times bestsellers The 48 Laws of Power, The Art of Seduction, The 33 Strategies of War, The 50th Law, Mastery, & The Laws of Human Nature. In this episode, Robert and I chat about why it’s important to understand your emotions, why success is more dangerous than failure, how to read nonverbal communication cues and body language to determine if someone actually likes you, the dark side of human nature, the importance of protecting your reputation, how to overcome adversity and much more.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:28 3 Most important principles from Robert’s books
- 07:00 Understanding your emotions
- 11:44 Robert’s near death experience
- 18:30 How to overcome adversity
- 23:22 Why the 48th law of power is so important
- 27:55 Why does Robert struggle with feeling inferior?
- 32:05 Success is more dangerous than failure
- 36:56 Protect your reputation at all costs (5th law of power)
- 41:07 Nonverbal communication and body language
- 46:46 How to tell if someone actually likes you
- 51:53 What does Robert think of me?
- 55:42 What types of people should you stay away from?
- 1:00:46 How to tell if someone is lying to you
- 1:04:37 Master your dark side
- 1:11:11 Robert’s live event with Ryan Holiday
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
BTR trucks and service: the leading commercial truck company in the Baltimore Washington region. BTR does everything a commercial truck user would ever need including repairs, routine maintenance, body work and inspections. If you are in the Baltimore Washington area and you or a loved one needs help with your truck, reach out to BTR at 410-691-9882 or check out their website at www.btrtrucks.com.
Connect with Robert
Follow me on Social Media: