Today’s guests are Layne Norton and Simon Hill. Simon and Layne were on the show earlier this year and it has been one of the most popular episodes. So I thought I would get them back on to keep the discussion going. I will link our first episode in the notes below and I highly encourage y’all to give it a listen. Layne Norton (aka Biolayne) is an entrepreneur, physique coach, bodybuilder, and powerlifter. Alongside his success as a competitor, Layne has his Ph.D in nutrition science and is one of the most respected voices in the health and nutrition space. Simon Hill is a nutritionist and physiotherapist with a bachelor’s degree in science and a master’s degree in nutrition science on a mission to help people make informed lifestyle choices. His podcast, The Proof with Simon Hill, extends beyond nutrition to other crucial lifestyle factors that impact our well-being.
This episode I believe is the longest one I have done yet and so I broke it down into two parts. This episode I believe is the longest one I have done yet and so I broke it down into two parts. In this first part we cover protein quality, why adherence matters, best diet for fat loss and the nuances of the highly debated “are all calories created equal” approach. In the second part which will be released on Thursday, we cover insulin, insulin resistance, exercise, longevity and gut health.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Masszymes: Masszymes can help ensure that all the protein that you consume breaks down into absorbable amino acids. Go to masszymes.com/DOUGFREE and you will automatically get access to your unique coupon code to claim your free bottle.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:58 Does INSULIN & really matter & what’s best way to combat insulin resistance?
- 16:59 Is it healthy for your blood sugar to spike? (or should it be flat)
- 25:43 Why exercise is so important for longevity
- 27:53 Science based tool tips to increase your lifespan
- 33:22 Does walking help?
- 37:54 Biggest thing you can do to improve your bone mineral density (& why it’s so important)
- 44:59 Are there ways to improve your gut health & is gut health worth the “hype?”
- Simon Hill | Instagram, Twitter, Website The Proof Podcast
- Layne Norton | Website, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook
Simon and Layne #1: https://dougbopst.com/layne-norton-simon-hill-on-why-nutrition-shouldnt-be-this-confusing/
Follow me on Social Media: