Today’s guest is Cathy Heller. You may know Cathy from her popular podcast, Cathy Heller Presents Don’t Keep Your Day Job, which has over 30 million downloads, where she has interviewed everyone from Matthew McConaughy to Malcolm Gladwell to Bobby Brown. You may also know her as the author of the bestselling book, Don’t Keep Your Day Job, or from her reputation as a singer-songwriter where her career began.
We talk about how our ego triggers stress, depression, and fear; how awareness allows us to understand reality, the importance of learning how to transform our mindset, the ways we unconsciously sabotage ourselves, and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Masszymes: Go to masszymes.com/DOUGFREE and you will automatically get access to your unique coupon code to claim your free bottle.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:15 What does living abundantly mean?
- 07:55 We always expect that life is supposed to throw us hard things
- 13:55 Let’s talk about reality
- 21:10 Coping with how bad life can be
- 27:19 How do you transform your mindset?
- 33:44 Start to work on you flaws and yourself
- 38:25 The reason we feel bad
- 42:47 Focus on having a real connection
- 45:23 When you feel yourself sabotaging yourself
- 50:02 Why shame is so toxic
Follow me on Social Media: