Today’s guest is dating coach Blaine Anderson, also known as @datingbyblaine on social media. And as you know, dating could be quite challenging in the online and offline world that we live in today and I was highly impressed with Blaine’s direct and no nonsense advice on social media. I personally have gotten a lot of value out of her content and I think you are going to learn a ton in this conversation. And while Blaine, specifically coaches men, we get into both perspectives in our discussion, so I know you’ll enjoy it whether you are male or a female. So get your pen and paper ready as you tune into this dating master class.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
InsideTracker: Created by leading scientists in aging, genetics, and biometrics, InsideTracker analyzes your blood, DNA, and fitness tracking datato identify where you’re optimized—and where you’re not. You’ll get a daily Action Plan with personalized guidance on the right exercise, nutrition, and supplementation for your body.
For a limited time, you can get 20% off the entire InsideTracker store at insidetracker.com/doug
What to Listen For:
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:59 What are the biggest struggles people have with dating?
- 4:25 Why self discovery is so important when it comes to finding a partner
- 7:01 Blaine puts me to the test!
- 11:10 How to find love on Instagram
- 17:19 Biggest mistakes she sees her clients make
- 19:38 She thinks everyone should stop doing THIS
- 21:40 How to build attraction
- 23:55 A date is NOT an interview (do this instead)
- 26:57 Boosting confidence before a date
- 28:42 How women can be more approachable
- 30:34 Do THIS to meet someone (& get their number) when you’re out in public
- 36:27 How to not be a “nice guy” without being a jerk (& avoid the friend zone)
- 39:57 How to ask someone out that you are interested in
- 42:37 Discovering what you want in a partner & when is it time to make things exclusive
- 46:15 When is it appropriate to incorporate “touch?”
- 48:26 Blaine critiques my online dating profile
- 55:04 How to date someone that’s “out of your league”
- 57:01 How to become more confident with your appearance
Take her masterclass here
Follow me on Social Media: