Today, we welcome Dr. John Delony, a national best-selling author, mental health and wellness expert, and host of The Dr. John Delony Show. He holds two PhDs, one in counselor education and supervision and another in higher education administration. Before joining Ramsey Solutions, John spent two decades working as a senior leader at multiple universities, a professor and researcher, and crisis responder. Now as a Ramsey personality, he teaches people how to reclaim their lives from the madness of the modern world. This is actually Dr. Delony’s second appearance on the pod.
We talk about the issues most people of us are dealing with, how to realign your thoughts when it’s full of negativity, what’s keeping us anxious and how to manage anxiety, the truth behind most relational disconnection, simple but solid tips for struggling parents and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Organifi: Receive 20% off your order by going to www.organifi.com/doug
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:35 The most common issues our society face
- 06:25 How can we reconnect to ourselves and the people around us
- 10:25 Changing your thoughts is a practice
- 17:09 Why we’re constantly anxious
- 23:24 When you stop sleeping well
- 29:57 The truth about loneliness and relational disconnection
- 34:43 Parenting tip: Stop putting your career first
- 40:32 When we’re acting like a child instead of being a parent
- 46:15 Make kids know they have a role in the family
Follow me on Social Media: