Today’s guest is Dr. William Li. Dr. Li is an internationally renowned physician, scientist and author of the New York Times bestseller “Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself.” His groundbreaking work has led to the development of more than 30 new medical treatments and impacts care for more than 70 diseases including cancer, diabetes, blindness, heart disease, and obesity. His TED Talk, “Can We Eat to Starve Cancer?” has garnered more than 11 million views. His newest book, “Eat to Beat Your Diet: Burn Fat, Heal Your Metabolism, and Live Longer” will be released tomorrow. Today we discuss how to improve your diet quality, how to optimize your diet for longevity, why foods that contain polyphenols are so beneficial for your health, why it’s so important to eat a high-fiber diet, why you may want to avoid the carnivore diet, why excess body fat is harmful for your health, how to improve your metabolism and much more!
Thanks to today’s sponsors:
Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 15% off your order
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:41 How to improve your diet quality (5 tips)
- 06:41 Foods you should eat for longevity
- 13:03 Healthy dietary patterns
- 15:44 The benefits of polyphenols
- 21:06 The importance of fiber
- 25:55 Meat dominant diets
- 29:07 Is fasting worth the hype?
- 34:09 Weight loss
- 40:53 Foods that can improve your metabolism
- 45:45 Eat slower
- 48:24 Does body size determine health outcomes?
- 52:03 Get your annual physical
- 53:57 When should food be used as medicine?
- Dr. William Li | Website, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram,
- Eat to Beat Your Diet: Burn Fat, Heal Your Metabolism, and Live Longer
Follow me on Social Media: