Today’s guests are husband and wife, John Kim and Vanessa Bennett. John also known as “The Angry Therapist” pioneered the online life coaching movement seven years ago, after going through a divorce, which led to his total rebirth. He quickly built a devoted following of fans who loved the frank and authentic insights that he freely shared on social media. John became known as an unconventional therapist who worked outta the box by seeing clients at coffee shops on hikes or in a CrossFit box. John’s wife, Vanessa Bennett is an author, a holistic psychotherapist, a clinical entrepreneur and mental health content creator. She co-hosts the “Cheaper Than Therapy” podcast and leads soul based retreats and workshops. Vanessa also creates and facilitates curriculum for non profits, corporate events and conferences.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Masszymes: Masszymes can help ensure that all the protein that you consume breaks down into absorbable amino acids. Go to masszymes.com/DOUGFREE and you will automatically get access to your unique coupon code to claim your free bottle.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:55 What makes relationships successful that often gets overlooked?
- 04:33 How to properly “fight” with your partner
- 09:27 Do not do THIS when fighting with your partner
- 11:50 Signs that your past is holding you back in relationships
- 16:21 Why great chemistry in the beginning can be a RED FLAG
- 25:25 What to do when honeymoon phase wears off
- 28:11 Getting over failed relationships
- 30:46 Should you get back with your ex?
- 33:40 How to properly apologize
- 36:41 Does cheating always end relationships?
- 41:10 Small things that add A LOT of value to relationships
- 46:20 Signs your relationships is STALE!
Connect with John:
Connect with Vanessa:
Buy their book here
Follow me on Social Media: