Today’s guest is Rebecca Zung. Rebecca is a Narcissism Negotiation Expert, founder of the SLAY negotiation method, popular YouTuber (more than 25 MILLION VIEWS in less than 2 years) and one of the Top 1% of attorneys in the nation, having been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Lawyer in America”, as “Legal Elite” by Trend Magazine, and recognized by her peers and the judiciary as AV preeminent rated in family law, the highest possible rating for an attorney by Martindale Hubbell. She is the author of TWO bestselling books, Negotiate Like You M.A.T.T.E.R.: The Sure Fire Method to Step Up and Win (foreword by Robert Shapiro) and Breaking Free: A Step-by-Step Divorce Guide for Achieving Emotional, Physical, and Spiritual Freedom, and is a sought after major media contributor. Her perspectives are in high demand by television and print outlets, as she has been featured in or on Extra, Forbes, Huffington Post, Newsweek, Time, Dr. Drew, NPR Talk Radio among others.
Today we’re gonna talk about what a narcissist is, as well as what a narcissist is not. We’re gonna chat about the dynamics of a narcissistic relationship so that you can know if you’re in a relationship with one. Rebecca reveals steps you can take to “handle” and “defeat” a narcissist as well as how to communicate with one. Our discussion also gets into how to know when it’s time to cut somebody off, and so much more.
What to Listen For:
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:06 What is narcissism?
- 4:33 Difference between a narcissist and someone who’s just “insecure”
- 10:57 Can you change a narcissist?
- 13:47 When is it time to cut someone out of your life?
- 19:52 How to deal with a narcissist in your life
- 26:11 What is “gaslighting”?
- 31:39 How can a narcissist change your brain?
- 36:01 Long-term risks of being in a relationship with a narcissist
- 40:12 When is it worth it to keep a narcissist in your life?
- 42:30 Being selfish vs being a narcissist
- 44:48 How to be less “narcissistic”
Connect with Rebecca:
Follow me on Social Media: