Today’s guest is Matthew West. Matthew is a five-time GRAMMY® nominee, a multiple ASCAP Christian Music Songwriter/Artist of the Year winner and a 2018 Dove Award Songwriter of the Year (Artist) recipient. He has received an American Music Award, a Billboard Music Award, a K-LOVE Fan Award and named Billboard’s Hot Christian Songwriter of the Year. Today we talk in depth about how to have faith when you’re going through hard times, the life changing power of forgiveness, navigating uncertainty, overcoming busyness and why kindness will help unite our society and more.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Ned/Mello Magnesium: www.helloned.com/doug Use Promo code “Doug” at checkout to receive 15% off your order
***DISCLAIMER: Ned also offers other products such as their full spectrum CBD. Please be sure to do your due diligence and make sure that consumption of any products Ned offers are safe for you or the individual consuming it and that it won’t conflict with any extenuating circumstances that you or the person consuming it may have for work, school, probation, athletic commissions, etc.
What to Listen For:
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:17 When was the last time Matthew questioned God?
- 6:08 What to do when the “encourager” becomes discouraged
- 8:04 Motivational quotes won’t help you through times of darkness
- 12:04 His advice for someone who is feeling hopeless
- 14:50 Forgiving the unforgivable (this song changed my life)
- 20:36 His biggest challenge while writing that song
- 22:35 Having vocal surgery affirmed his belief in God
- 25:48 His struggle with “busyness”
- 29:17 Lessons he is teaching his daughters
- 31:36 How can Christians and non-Christians unite?
- 34:58 How does he deal with uncertainty?
Connect with Matthew: