Today’s guest is my good friend, Jenna Willis, and Jenna and I met several years ago working out together at Gabby Reece’s house. She’s also a colleague and a trainer! Jenna’s complete mind-body approach to wellness as well as her results have gained her a reputation as one of the hottest rising celebrity trainers. Her impressive client roster includes YouTube sensation Liza Koshy, reality Queen Lala Kent, and pop music icon, Camila Cabello to name a few. In an industry obsessed with perfection, Jenna embraces the awkward, allowing those she trains to focus on enjoying working out rather than stressing about it as a former division one volleyball Jenna uses her background in fitness and uplifting teamwork mentality to help both herself and her clients cope with anxiety and gain peace of mind. I think you guys are gonna enjoy this conversation a lot. It’s a little different as we engage in a friendly dialogue and talk about the SUPER awkward moment in how we met.
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Join Thrive Market today to get 40% off your first order and a free gift worth over $50. Visit thrivemarket.com/dougfitness.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:30 We met working out with Gabby Reece!
- 04:25 Unpacking a humbling experience (and how I STRUGGLED)
- 09:52 Has Jenna always embraced challenges?
- 11:28 Where would she be without fitness?
- 14:15 Using fitness to cope with anxiety and panic
- 17:53 Jenna opens up about a traumatic breakup
- 22:26 Fitness helps – but it can’t be the only coping strategy
- 24:06 Moving on after multiple bad breakups
- 27:56 When did she start acting (and why)
- 31:51 Overlooked challenges in entertainment industry
- 33:10 Jenna was on Vanderpump! (crazy story)
- 37:58 Does she compare herself to Lala and Katie (her close friends)
- 41:56 Ditching acting for fitness (and how she maintained friendships)
- 44:21 How she thrives in an industry that is competitive (training celebs)
- 49:25 Finding real friends in LA
- 54:44 Her current relationship with fear & anxiety
- 57:29 Healing from a recent relationship
- 1:08:47 How to stay on track with your health when busy!
Follow me on Social Media: