Today’s guest is social media personality Lyss Boss. Lyss is the host of the highly popular podcast “Date Yourself Instead,” a podcast intended to inspire you to become the best version of yourself. In her podcast, she gets candid about her relationship experiences, and touches on other topics including business, beauty, wellness, and so much more. In 2021, Lyss started a self-love series on TikTok which amassed over 100+ million views on her videos and counting. In this episode, we talk about learning how to date yourself and take your power back so that you can become your highest self and attract a partner that reflects that. Lyss opens up about healing her relationship with external validation and also shares some unhealthy patterns she has had to work on. We also get into why you shouldn’t be attached to timelines, the truth about manifestation and more.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:56 How to take your power back after a breakup
- 06:20 What mistakes has Lyss made in relationships?
- 09:26 What does self-love REALLY mean?
- 12:25 Are you with the right partner?
- 15:00 Why you shouldn’t be attached to timelines
- 19:38 What does “Date Yourself Instead” mean?
- 21:34 The external validation trap (& how she’s healed from it)
- 27:24 Lyss’s spiritual transformation
- 30:45 How she stopped worrying about the opinions of others
- 34:16 The truth about manifestation
- 37:01 Does Lyss believe in the law of attraction?
- 41:14 How to get over an ex
- 43:28 What is she looking to manifest?
- 47:36 Common manifestation misconception
- 48:48 Lyss’s music career
- 50:20 What does she do to improve her mental health?
Connect with Lyss
Follow me on Social Media: