Today’s guest is Mollie West Duffy. Mollie is the co-author of the Wall Street Journal bestselling book, No Hard Feelings: The Secret Power of Embracing Emotions at Work. She’s an expert in organizational development and leadership development. You may also recognize her from her highly popular Instagram page, @lizandmollie, where she and her co-author, Liz Fosslien, share on all things life, mental health, feelings, and more. The occasion for today’s chat is their latest book, Big Feelings: How to Be Okay When Things Are Not Okay. And I think y’all are gonna get so much out of this discussion.
We talk about our emotional wellbeing, the strength in finding the courage to be open about your vulnerability, why we shouldn’t discredit our achievements no matter how little they may seem, using envy to push ourselves to become better, what can we do to prevent burnout, and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Masszymes: Go to masszymes.com/DOUGFREE and you will automatically get access to your unique coupon code to claim your free bottle.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:47 Working on a book about emotional wellbeing
- 06:08 Sharing some things you’re afraid of sharing
- 11:43 Uncertainty
- 15:33 Myth about resiliency
- 18:39 Start with, “Where am I today?”
- 22:48 We usually discount how far we’ve come
- 24:57 The feeling of comparison and jealousy
- 30:09 Using envy positively
- 34:43 How do you deal with comparison?
- 38:29 Let’s discuss burnout
- 43:44 Be open about your personal schedule
- 51:43 Why we put so much value in social media
- Mollie Duffy | Website, Instagram, Twitter
- No Hard Feelings: The Secret Power of Embracing Emotions at Work
- Big Feelings: How to Be Okay When Things Are Not Okay
Follow me on Social Media: