Today’s guest is Stan Efferding who is an IFBB pro bodybuilder and has his bachelor of science in psychology and exercise science from the University of Oregon. Stan is a multiple all -time world record holding powerlifter and has been training high school, Collegiate, and Professional athletes for over 25 years. He has conducted over 200 seminars in 14 countries and in all 50 states. Today Stan and I discuss the biggest mistakes people make when starting any type of health journey. He shares why compliance is the science and what the most successful dieters have in common. Stan reveals a simple step by step guide for weight loss including the types of foods to consume as well as how to determine things like total calories and macronutrients and how to adjust along the way. We also get into the power of walking, how build to muscle in the gym more!
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:46 Biggest mistakes people make when starting their health journey
- 05:42 Traits of the most successful dieters
- 08:51 Stan’s most meaningful achievement
- 13:50 Restrictive diets can be problematic
- 16:39 Why did Stan create the “vertical diet”?
- 21:01 When does dieting become tricky?
- 24:19 What to eat for fat loss & how to calculate calories/macros
- 33:50 Is red meat healthy?
- 39:30 Adjusting calories after you lose weight
- 43:08 Why “10 minute walks” are so effective
- 46:24 How to build muscle in the gym
- 56:19 Why you should mix things up
- 1:01:05 How to meal prep
- 1:06:04 Why do people eat when they aren’t hungry?
Connect with Stan
Follow me on Social Media: