Today’s guest is Terri Cole. Terri is a licensed psychotherapist. She’s a relationship expert. She’s an empowerment coach, author, and a total boundary boss. And I think this conversation is gonna help you out so much with all things mental health, relationships, boundaries, and more.
We talk about the truth about narcissism and what makes one a narcissist, how setting boundaries in any relationship can save and strengthen it, why it is important to have a good relationship with yourself first and above any bonds, and so much more!
Thanks to this episode’s sponsor:
Organifi: Try the new Green Juice Crisp Apple to hydrate, energize, and support cortisol balance. Visit ORGANIFI.COM/DOUG and use code DOUG for 20% off any item.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:12 What is narcissism?
- 03:49 Can narcissists truly empathize?
- 09:10 Codependency and toxicity in relationships
- 16:14 Do a resentment inventory
- 20:51 “Alcoholics and addicts don’t have relationships, they take hostages.”
- 29:13 Pause and listen to what your children have to say
- 33:28 What is the state of your relationship to yourself?
- 35:26 It all comes back to setting boundaries
- 44:30 Constantly making deposits into the well of Goodwill
- 48:59 If you’re walking on eggshells everyday, that’s not healthy
- Terri Cole | Website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn
- The Terri Cole Show
- Boundary Boss
Follow me on Social Media: