Today’s guest is Mary Shenouda. Mary is a highly sought-after performance chef and specialist. Her clients include both professional athletes and Hollywood entertainers. Mary works with a team of nutritionists, doctors, physical therapists, and performance technologies to help identify and curate the specific nutritional needs for her diverse roster of high-performing clients. Shenouda is also the creator and founder of Phat Fudge, a high-performance food line of her own formulation. In our discussion, Mary shares the four super foods that she believes can improve your overall health. We talk about meal prepping, we cover mental health and so much more.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:24 “One person’s superfood can be another person’s kryptonite.”
- 03:46 Superfood #1: Black Cumin Seed
- 08:02 Which setback has helped her the most?
- 12:26 Why discipline is important when facing adversity
- 14:58 How did her childhood inspire her passion for cooking?
- 18:31 Meal prep tips & how to get your food to taste better
- 22:38 Superfood #2: Bone Broth
- 25:34 Superfood #3: Mushrooms
- 28:08 Mary’s “team” approach for helping her clients
- 31:55 When is it time to get labs done?
- 34:40 Supplements can’t fix an unhealthy lifestyle
- 38:15 Building trust with her athletes
- 40:09 What do her high performing clients have in common?
- 43:23 Mary’s battle with depression
- 49:33 Superfood #4: Liver
- 53:17 Phat Fudge
Connect with Mary
Follow me on Social Media: